Statement from Crazy Aaron's Puttyworld, 2018
As you may or may not be aware, there is a trending article from the BBC sounding an alarm about arsenic and lead levels in “magnetic putty.” Please be assured that this article targets a specific knockoff putty and is in no way indicative or representative of the safety of genuine Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty®.
Crazy Aaron’s is an innovator and world leader in the next generation of creative play. As part of our commitment to our distributors and customers, we have closely followed reports about competitor, copycat putty products being pulled from the market due to likely contamination. Crazy Aaron’s wants to reassure you that we stand completely apart from these other companies.
As you know, Genuine Thinking Putty is made and manufactured from scratch in our own factory just outside of Philadelphia, PA in the United States. All of our putty, including Magnetic Thinking Putty, is compliant with applicable worldwide toy safety laws; is routinely tested by an independent, third-party laboratory; and is regularly reviewed by a certified, licensed toxicologist. In fact, Crazy Aaron himself serves on ASTM F963, the safety committee that designs federal regulations for toys in the United States.
Crazy Aaron’s is a vertically-integrated manufacturer. We do all the manufacturing ourselves in the USA, not overseas, so we know everything that goes into our putty. And we know everything that comes out, which is why Thinking Putty is the safest and highest quality putty on the market today.
In 20 years of manufacturing, we have put every effort into creating systems that ensure compliance with all applicable product safety laws and regulations where we sell worldwide. This voluntary commitment not only benefits our customers by providing them with a top-quality product, it also protects them from any potential contamination or inferior component parts being used.
We wanted to get ahead of the situation in case your stores or customers have questions regarding product safety. To that end, please see the many regulations to which we test for the ongoing compliance of our products below.
• 16 CFR 1500 / ASTM F963-017 Physical and Mechanical Tests
• ASTM F963-17 Section 220.127.116.11 – Soluble Heavy Metals analysis
• 16 CFR 1500.44 / Flammability Requirements of ASTM F963-17 Annex A4
• CPSIA 101 Lead in Substrates of Children’s Products
• CPSIA 101 / 16 CFR 1303 Lead in Surface Coating & Paint
• CPSIA 103 Tracking Label Review
• CPSIA 108 Phthalate Requirement for Children’s Toys
• California Proposition 65
• EN 71-1: Physical / Mechanical
• EN-71-2: 2006 + A1:2007: Flammability
• EN-71-3: 2013: Migration of Certain Elements
• EU REACH Regulation 1907/2006 Annex XVII for Total Cadmium and Phthalates
• Canadian Toys Regulations SOR/2011-17 Section 23
• Canadian Toys Amending Regulations SOR/2016-195 Section 3
All varieties of genuine Crazy Aaron’s products remain available for sale and safe for play by children (aged 3+, 8+ for Magnetics and Phantoms) and adults of all ages.
For additional information on what sets Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty apart from the rest, please see the attached flyer and the quick video below.
Thanks for all you do to help protect and promote the Crazy Aaron’s brand. We appreciate you so much and are so grateful to have you in the Puttyworld family.
Head of Sales